CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

bring me back...

"When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find that God is all you need. "

these words may seem true enough, but how often do we forget that God really is all we need?? i know for me, i had to come to a point in my life where i truley had nothing left, a point where i was drained of all that i thought i was, in order to be filled with all that my amazing Creator is.

now, granted, i am only 17, and some people might think "how can you come to total desperation in just 17 short years of life?"

well, let me use some lyrics to explain how i once felt...

"I'm not a stranger, No I am yours. With crippled anger, And tears that still drip sore.
I do not want to be afraid. I do not want to die inside just to breathe in
I'm tired of feeling so numb
Relief exists I find it when
I am cut
I may seem crazy Or painfully shy
And these scars wouldn't be so hidden If you would just look me in the eye
I feel alone here and cold here Though I don't want to die..."

yeah... all i had left was the pain and scars of a past that JUST WASN'T GOING AWAY. those scars weren't deep enough to let others see my pain, only deep enough so that i knew i could never be the same.
but at the end of the day, i didn't like being bitter. i didn't even realize i had become bitter, but i was. i was a broken person, drowning in the pain of yesterday. i realized i could not get out of this ocean bymyself. i needed something more.

and God is enough. He is more than enough. His love is undifinable, incomprehenible, unimaginalble... and i have gone from being lost in pain, to being found is this great love.

.... so, why tell you all this??
well, latley some things have happened that have made me doubt... some things that have been going on for a while, but have recently gotten worse.
but being a child of the Most High God, He has been faithful. and when i start to slip back into the old way of life, He is quick to bring me to His side, and remind me of all the things He has saved me from. He is merciful, and just, and amazing.
HE IS LOVE.

God is omni-awesome! :)
He puts a smile on my face, and a song in my heart, and how can i keep from singing His praise??

--Jess--

0 comments: