CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Relient K!! Toby Mac!! and... my car??

"Oh what a lousy excuse for a car! One mile to go, but i can't push it that far!

I think i've had enough... i think i'm... I'M GIVING UP!!

I saved up my money to buy a new guitar. but i got ripped off by a guy who fixed my car. i think i've had enough... i think i'm... I'M GIVING UP!!

once again life's thrown me a curve... and it blew up right in my face! once again life's right on my nerves... Can't you see that i'm stuck in this place?? all because you're giving me a BREAKDOWN!!

........... stuck on the side of the road, emotion overload!!"



i was singing this song to my car this morning as i was attempting to get it to start in this arctic Iowa weather. Eventually my car did start, and a puff of snow shot at my face thanks to my dysfunctional heating vents. this snow continued in a stady stream throughout the remainder of my 15 minute drive to school. apparently my beastie car did not apprecheiate the song...



so there i was... driving along, (very bitter, and VERY cold) and the CD changed to Toby Mac.



"Whatever happened to a passion I could live for What became of the flame that made me feel more And when did I forget that...I was made to love you I was made to find youI was made just for you Made to adore youI was made to love And be loved by youYou were here before me You were waiting on me And you said you'd keep me Never would you leave me I was made to love and be loved by you"

and suddenly, my mood changed. how can i be bitter and grumpy when i think of how the creator of the universe loves me, and He knows me, and Hes never gonna leave me, and He promises to keep me and never let me go?!?!?!

:D
love and be loved...
--Jess--

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! I like it!

Golden Sundrop said...

yeah isn't it cool how God can intervene using music and the radio. it's happened to me once and a while